Saturday, March 15, 2008

Introduction

I have been thinking about creating a blog like this for some time. It is, essentially, a space for thinking out loud about things that I find important, even vital. I have a personal journal online as well, which has essentially replaced the paper journal I kept for years. That kind of blog is not one you can direct people to when you tell them that your hobby is blogging.

It's probably important that you know that I call myself an evangelical Christian, even though I'm not always comfortable with that label; it has such negative connotations in some circles, but I fit the definition as far as orthodoxy and doctrine go. I also call myself a feminist, although I try not to be strident. Politically, I am moderate, and will lean left or right, depending on the day. I love popular culture, even though as a Christian I am called to be in the world but not of it.

My goal here is not to convince anyone that I am right, but merely to think out loud, and perhaps to cause others to think, too.

No comments: